Central Locking Fuse (#63) Replacement

Hello,

I own a 2000 Ford Focus (the SE 4 door sedan model). A few weeks ago, all of my power locks stopped operating. I suspect that I blew the central locking module fuse (#63) and would like to replace it.

Fuse #63 is 'conveniently' located on the reverse side of the fuse panel inside car (below and to the left of the steering wheel). The panel is held in place by two 7mm hexagon bolts. I am stumped as to how to remove these. There is not enough clearance to fit a normal

7mm wrench around the bolts as they are partly surrounded by a metal box and some protrusions from the fuse panel.

Has anyone with this model successfully made this change (or can anyone see how to do it)? Note that this is not one of the models where one must lower the glove box to access the panel.

Thanks in advance, Scott

Reply to
Scott Krull

Just use a 7mm deep 1/4 drive socket

Unfortunelaty they dont pop just for fun, probably 1 off your door lock actuators has a short. If it pops again disconnect all door connectors , reinstall them 1 by 1 untill it pops again

Good luck

Johan

Reply to
Johan Berkhoff

Scott,

I have a '00 ZTS 5 speed so things may be a bit different but had the same problem a while back and don't remember cussing too much, but I think I used a 1/4" drive 7mm socket (the smaller drive sockets seem to have a thinner wall than their big brother 3/8" drives). The panel stays in with the plastic clips unless you make a habit of flying over potholes so you needn't put the bolts back in or just one for ease of mind.

You probably have the same root cause for the fuse blow as I did; a hanging power door lock (mine was on the driver side rear door). Now that's real cussing territory. I still haven't got that squared away.

If that's your problem, the best indy repair manual for the Focus I've found is the Haynes. Chilton doesn't have one yet. Be very attentive of all the small parts and how the tie in BEFORE you start yanking the damn door apart. It definitely is a mess.

H>Hello,

Reply to
Rich Stanton