Central locking problem: unlocks all doors in cold weather

Hi,

For the last two winters I've had a strange problem with my 1999 Ford Focus which occurs when the weather is cold (below about 12 degrees C). If you unlock the drivers door with a single key press of the remote keyfob, about 1-2 minutes later, the rest of the doors unlock as well making a big clunking noise while I'm driving. It's not supposed to do this and I don't know why it seems to do this in cold weather.

Several other people have posted about this problem but usually nobody has replied or nobody has posted a cause or solution.

Does anybody know what might be causing this to happen?

I was thinking that perhaps some control box or fuse box has got water/condensation in it but I don't know where the fuse or circuits for the central locking system are to check.

Nick....

Reply to
NickG