central locking system complete failure

Hi!
After a few days the central locking system was working slow, it has failed completely today. Doesn't work trough remote key fob or using the key. Opening the rear door (wagon) from the inside
is although impossible.
Already check fuses which look good, since the whole system is down, I suspect some module responsible broke. Checked fuses, which are fine. Anyone had this problem (1999 Ghia wagon with alarm and comfort key fob) who can point out the broken module/part?
Thx for reading

The fuse cannot be seen without removing the fuse board (the one inside the car) The fuse is on the back of the fuse board often hidden behind the attached wiring.
--
Alan

Exactly, could some please punish the guy who "invented" that!
The fuse was broken (20A) put in a new one and some functionality came back, but the rear right passenger door won't open, looks like I have to replace the servo motor on this door.
I'll follow up with results.
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:17:48 +0200, Michael Heiming

Micheal
I have heard of a couple of cases where the servo has jammed/siezed it was possible to just clean the guides and the external parts of the servo motor in one case but the other was as you suggest a replacemnt job.

[ 1999 Focus - central locking system complete failure ]

[..]
Hi Andy!
Might pe possible, but there's some time/work involved to open the door and get the thing out, so it makes more sense to me to just exchange it, as I'm not willing to open it more then once for the problem. I'm sure there's not much dirt involved, the car has it's own garage, so it's inside most of the time.
Ordered the servo motor today at my Ford dealer, after explaining what had happened he was pretty sure it'd be the motor. It will arrive tomorrow, it's about 106,- Euro, the complete car might be about 250000 Euro in spare parts.;( I'll follow up to this thread as soon as there are news about the matter.

Hi Andy!
Exchanged the whole rear door bolt, which is what you get for the money today. Took about one hour and it's not that easy, even if having done this for a living a few decades ago.
Central locking worked great with key again, but alas remote key fob didn't. Remembered a thread about the key-off method and could find it (thx groups.google.com) easy enough. After applying remote key fob works as it should again. ;-) This should be covered in the drivers manual?
Wouldn't suggest doing it on your own if missing the required experience, it's easy enough to brake door covering/etc if you have never done this.
Special thx to Alan who punished me to remove the second fuse box completely to find the damn fuse covert behind tons of cable.