charge battery in Focus

Hallo, I'm going to charge battery of my Focus. The out temperature is recently about -20'C and I feel, that I should improve level of my battery.
How make it simple, but safely for Focus electronic and battery??? Can I not take out the battery of car? What with wires, can I leave them fastened to battery? Thx for eny hel, Max

Your owner's manual contains very complete instructions. These are better than advise you are likely to get on a newsgroup.

Yes, yes, yes...:) Because I have question, it means I haven't manual :) OK I started with charge, ths
not everybody has an owners manual... maybe his car was used. not all used cars come with em Dave Gower wrote:

some people lost... :)
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:07:20 +0100, Max wrote:

I got my Focus two and a half years used. No manual (although warranty and maintenenace flyers were there, radio flyer was there, etc.).
Cost me $31US to replace that little thing. If that press was doing *books*, they'd cost $1,842 apiece (in paperback). :)
--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:51:53 -0600, Frog Legs wrote:

Yeah. I wanted someting nice for the glove box. :)

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Froglegs, post a link to that PDF. I've searched and haven't found it. Thanks

Try: http://www.genuineservice.com/genuineservice/en/default?page=Home It works for me.
Max wrote:

I'm in the United States, in Michigan. I have to translate, that's about -4 F. Cold, but not terribly so.
Why do you want to charge your battery? Is your battery discharged? I've gone through colder weather without having to charge the battery. However, if the car is not in perfect running order, getting it started at that temperature is tough.
When the engine is cold, it's harder to turn it over, drawing more current from your battery, while the temperature reduces the battery's effective capacity.

You can charge the battery in the car with a battery charger. With a "dumb" charger, you have to be careful not to leave the battery on charge for too long. With a "smart" charger, you don't have to worry about that.