Cigarette lighter trouble

Ford Focus zx4 se
I replaced fuse-#47 -15A and it blew right away. Then cleared a short circuit in the lighter socket and inserted another fuse. It held but later when I truned the engine
off it would not start again. I removed the fuse and jumpered the battery. All is fine now. But without the 12V outlet for my GPS
What amiss? Could someone help?