clicking noise in dashboard (not blinker noise)

I just bought a used 2003 Ford Focus, and having little glitches with it. I hear a click noise about every 15 secs coming for the left hand panel of dashboard in addition when I take foot off gas it tries to
die, check engine light comes on, the clock and cd player have reset themselves, any ideas. Suppose the clicking noise is a short that's making all those additional things happen ?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The only thing that could cause the voltage to drop low enough to reset the clock is a knackered battery or assuming the car starts ok then an iffy connection ( on battery terminal ?) .. a short circuit would more likely blow a fuse or cause a fire. HTH
My guess is the battery.
--
Rapid Rick
"Just Drive, Baby"