Clutch hydraulic leak inside car

The seal on my 2004 Focus TDCI clutch master cylinder (i.e the one inside the car, above the pedal) leaks a little. The fluid runs down the pedal onto
the drivers floor mat.
Is this a common problem? Is it a Dealer job to fix, or withing the capabilities of any competent garage?
TIA
Andy
Acedrew wrote:

Surely it should still be covered by the 3 year warranty?
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

Maybe its a high mileage car ? My '03 was recently retired at 150k+ miles, the '04 is nearing 100k and the '05 is at 40k. I drive five to six thousand miles a month and my wife is good for another 2 thousand.
Bill
Berkshire Bill wrote:

Good grief! Is this in the UK?
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

No, the United States. Western Massachusetts to be exact. I work for as a field service technician for a large copier/computer firm and have a territory that includes Western Massachusetts and Upstate New York. I also inherited the family business (auto recycling - junk yard) but I'm there merely in name and watch the employees work from a distance. (they do a good job in my eyes).
The Wife gets out to other business to do audits so she doesn't drive quite as far but she works in a 100 mile radius of her office.
Happy modeming, Bill K.
Berkshire Bill wrote:

To cover those sorts of milage in the UK would mean being on the road day and night! Traffic volumes are so high here that average speeds are quite low.
OT, I'm posting from the Royal County of Berkshire!
Chris
--

Remove prejudice to reply.

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 21:40:38 GMT, Chris Whelan
inside car:

What does "Royal County" mean?
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.

Vic Dura wrote:

It's simply an honorary title given in 1958 because of all it's connections with the Monarchy.(Windsor Castle, Ascot etc).
In fact, since 1998 it is no longer an administrative district. That role has actually been taken over by six unitary authorities.
I only mentioned it because I was replying to "Berkshire Bill".
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:20:08 GMT, Chris Whelan
inside car:

That's interesting. Thanks for the info.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.

Just nudging 66k at the moment.

Berkshire Bill wrote:

Good Gawd and you do it without a Honda or Toyota? How??