Clutch Master Cylinder

My 01 Diesel Focus has just broken the push rod into the clutch master cylinder. Has anyone ever taken a clutch master cylinder apart? Is it possible to replace the push rod or is it replace the master cylinder.
It does not look a whole lot of fun to get the master cylinder out.
The weld broke on the pin in the clutch pedal, the pin moved sideways and pushed the rod the other way. As they are now made of plastic it did not bend.
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 19:02:09 +0000 (UTC), "G.O."

Generally yes, but I don't know specifically about the 01 Diesel. Check with an auto parts store to see if they have a rebuilding kit for that particular master cylinder.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.

Unless you are an expert and you aren't or you wouldn't ask, best idea and most secure for you and anyone else would be to get a Ford dealer doing the repair.
Good luck
Michael Heiming wrote:

The problem is it's all made of plastic and it looks like it is glued together. I don't have it out yet as this is a right hand drive and the master cylinder fits behind the steering column.
Sadly its not like the old metal ones where you can just pop the circlip out.
And as for getting at the unions down the back of the engine on the firewall, it's probably easier to drop the engine out.
If I could get the broken bit of the push rod out I would make a new one of metal and save a lot of work, but as it looks to be all glued together I can't see how to get the push rod out.