Cmax fuel consumption

I have a cmax 1.6tdci and can get nothing like the quoted 57mpg. In previous cars i have always managed to beat the compined urban figures so its not my
driving. Any thoughts
Interesting point - I have the 1.8 petrol CMax and it quotes 40mpg - buggered if I can get 30mpg, and believe me I have tried to drive as economically as possible.
Anybody else noticed this?