CMax Model comparison

I'm seriously considering buying a UK spec Focus Cmax 1.6TDCi. I'm trying to decide whether to get the LX or the Zetec model. I am buying for the long term. I tend to keep cars for 10-15 years and do
all my own servicing. I am therefore wanting to avoid gimmicky gadgets that might affect basic driving and MOT tests. Non essential gadgets migth be fun to play with and if they stop working then I can still drive the car.
On of the differences is an electric parking brake on the Zetec which is not on the LX. Can anyone tell me quite what this is and how it works. Is it a potential source of unreliability? Why does anyone want an electric parking brake when for the last 50 years or more we have just pulled on a simple ratchet lever - simple and effective.
The extra flexibility of the Zetec seats seem attractive but the alloy wheels are of no interest
I'd be interested in any comments or comparisons between these two models.
This will be my first diesel but I've been impressed by the design of the Peugeot Ford power unit and it seems to be well proven in a number of other vehicles. Again - comments welcome.
TIA
Bob

The electric brake is an option and is not standard on the Zetec. In my opinion, the Zetec is a better model but don't pay list price for either of them, there are bargains out there. The 1.6tdci is a good compromise between performance and economy, you get about 50mpg.
--
See what I am selling (if you have nothing better to do that is!!!):
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Smarter-org-uk