coil pack blues

OK, finally managed to get the coil pack out of the car and put in the replacement.

Now the engine warning light is continuously on but I do not feel the car misfiring any longer. Is the engine warning light automatically reset after a problem like this or do you have to reset it in some way?

Or do I still have a problem elsewhere?

TIA for any advice

LouisB

------ "I'm a half-wit. I sold the other half on e-Bay"

Reply to
LouisB

In message , LouisB wrote

Unfortunately the warning light needs to be reset. I have a cheap OBDII code reader that reads the codes 5 times and then resets the warning light. Branded Ctools it's similar, or the same as

If the fault is still present the light will come on again.

My guess that as a result of the coil pack failing you got masses of electrical interference that the engine management erroneously interpreted as other component failures. This is exactly what happened with my car when the coil pack failed. If you get the light reset then I bet it will stay off.

I see you are posting from the UK so perhaps take a trip to Halfords and see if their cheap code readers have an engine light reset facility. On the UK Focus the OBD port is under the steering wheel, behind a little removable cover in the middle of the shallow moulded shelf.

BTW, fault codes can be found at

Reply to
Alan

Alan

Thanks a lot for the reply. I figured that may be the case as the car seems to be running fine. I've bought loads of stuff off of e-Bay and from HK so I took the plunge and bought the item.

Regards

LouisB

Reply to
LouisB