Coil Spring Failure

A number of Ford cars have had their coil springs fracture. The end of the spring would then pierce the tire resulting in a blowout. See the post at the Ford Taurus club below
http://www.tauruscarclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic 531
Has anyone experieced a similar problem or heard about it?
Ed
Click on link below for pictures of the coil springs- http://www.geocities.com/coilspring2000

Ops, doesn't look really great, haven't heard any problems like this from the Focus.
But then I have exchanged the complete suspension (coil spring & shock absorber), the original was to smooth and did gave me a bad feeling at high speeds.
--
Michael Heiming

I had a broken rear coil spring on my wife's 95 Contour. No puncture or blowout, just noisy when the strut was compressed (the spring, now shorter, would slide until the end sat in the pocket that keeps the springs from rotating, if you can see what I mean.)
Joe

--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2 /