Coil spring warranty extension

Just got a notice last week from Ford Motor Co saying they had extended the warranty on their 2000-2003 model Focuses for the coil springs (up to 10
years or 150k miles). Apparently the corrosion protection was inadequately applied on many vehicles causing the spring to actually fracture (normally a very rare occurrence).
This only caught my eye because just last month I had to shell out over $300 to have one of the springs on my 2001 Focus replaced because it had fractured. I called the dealer and they said it wouldn't be a problem to get a refund (just bring the receipt). Phew!
- tex
Go buy a lotto ticket! You are lucky...

Tex wrote:

recall notice as well.
Ron
Rockin Ronnie wrote:

When the hood of the car is 4 inches closer to the ground than normal, you know something's up... err, or down, as the case may be.
I just had the coil spring break on my 2000 Focus. Ford Customer Service will cover the repair, as Mark mentioned, but they did have some terms:
1) They only reimburse for an "independent" repair if it was an emergency or if the nearest Ford dealer was closed at the time; i.e., on a Sunday.
2) 10 Years, 150k Miles.
Cheers :)