cold-start problem ford focus wagon 1.6

2 weeks ago i was on wintersport in austria and in the morning at a temperature of -17 degrees celcius my focus did not want tot start: it seems that the battery was empty. that happened again 4 days later when again it
was -17 degrees celcius. The car is rather new (april 2004). The garage in Austria said that the battery was okay (they checked it) and also my dealer in Holland said that they can't do anything (the car starts alright in my country at a temperature of about 2 degrees celsius).
Are there more people with the same experience with the focus of a bad cold-start? Is not al the electricity-taps for navigator system, electric window-buttons, etc. the reason? who's got an idea?