colored headlights

Page 1 of 2
I posted a question about 6 or 7 months ago regarding colored headlights. No, not the blue/white ones. I am looking for purple headlights. Someone posted a link to a supply house that had them and other colors.
Anyone know where to get these??

Just do a search on google for "purple headlights" there are 36,900 choices.
Bill
snipped-for-privacy@berkshire.nospam.rr.com says...

Adding "blingbling" might narrow it down!
Nah, guess not.....
--
Bezit en wijsheid zijn illusies
(possession and wisdom are illusions)

Adding "blingbling" might narrow it down!
Nah, guess not.....
--
Bezit en wijsheid zijn illusies
(possession and wisdom are illusions)
Laws... PFFFFFTT!!!
I see lots of cars with purple headlights... usually high-end Japanese or European models, which have such lights as standard equipment. How is any traffic cop going to know whether your Focus has such lights as a factory installed option, or not? (BTW, HID lights are an available option on some models of the Focus sold in the EU). This is just like window tinting; most jurisdictions have laws about how dark your car's window tinting can be, but who's going to bother enforcing that? Around here, the answer is nobody.
I use Sylvania Silver Stars in my Focus. They don't make much difference, and I don't think anyone really notices them. Not the best thirty bucks I've ever spent :O
Rob
-----------------------
"Gino" wrote ...

Until you have, or cause, an accident and the Police get involved. They then may check for anything non-standard or illegally fitted to the car. Some non-standard fittings may also invalidate your insurance.
I was following an old car recently in the UK driven by a 'boy racer' that had a very bright flashing blue light emitting diode (LED) array fitted to the roof of the car. I often wonder why anyone draws so much attention to themselves as in this case it will not be long before the Police pull over the driver for this and then proceed to check the tax, insurance, MOT, lights, tyre condition - and anything else they could find to be wrong with the car.
--
Alan
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 23:30:54 +0100, Alan

Why? because they are the same type of people who insist on driving around with fog lights ablaze during the day whilst blasting out some moronic sub bass so called music. Generally they are either stupid or suffering from attention deficiency syndrome.
Regards
Andy Lee
--

It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 23:47:22 GMT, Andy Lee

Now surely you are not talking about our chav (see www.chavscum.co.uk if you do not know this term) friends who all seem to cover their car in double sided sticky tape and crash through halfords so all this crap sticks to the outside.
i love getting blinded by these chappys who need full beams and foglights to see on sunny days.
says...

Mind your language please! I would really appreciate it if you refrain yourself!
At least while i'm having coffee, it's all over the place now! There i go again, clean my monitor, rinse the keyboard, thank you very much! Bloody Brits!
;-)
--
Bezit en wijsheid zijn illusies
(possession and wisdom are illusions)

Andy,
A question for you. And I'm not feeling targeted by your post. I don't play "moronic sub bass" in my car nor do I have fog lights. But why do you consider driving around with fog lights on to be stupid? Usually, I turn my headlights on during the day while driving on the freeway. I guess I suffer from attention deficit, because I want to be noticed. I've read that daytime running lights reduce accidents. Isn't being noticed -- at least being very visible -- a good thing?
I'm not looking for an argument, I'd like to hear some discussion on this.
On 11 Oct 2004 21:50:50 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@tonywesley.com (Tony Wesley) wrote:

Hi Tony
Daytime running lights are certainly a requirement in some Euro countries e.g. Sweden and there is a very good case for them a northern latitudes when daylight during the winter months is never very good at best. These lights are generally of a fairly low wattage. However Fog lights are not the same thing and are not designed to be used except in the conditions which require them i.e. Fog or heavy snow. In the UK it is actually illegal to use them out side of this environment and it has been known for people to get tickets for it.
I have no problem with people wanting to be visible but running round with all these extra lights blazing during broad daylight is totally unnecessary. Being noticed for the wrong reasons can cause problems for other drives after all.
So Fog lights during the day are stupid for 2 reasons
1. You can get a ticket for it
2. It can really annoy other drivers contributing to road rage etc (although most of the people who drive with fog lights during the day are probably not too worried about it.)
Of couse there are people who unwittingly do this they can be seen driving home at the end of the day with front and back fog lights on which they just plain forgot to turn off from the early morning fog they encountered on the way to work.
Hi
Andy Lee wrote:

Here in Germany the same. It is forbidden to use fog lights inside a town and outside if no fog with visibility less than 50m shows up. If this is the case, you can use fog lights but have to limit speed at a maximum of 50 km/h. So I find it very stupid as well to drive inside a town in a clear night or even while daylight is bright having the fog light engaged. More outreagous, many cars have no properly adjusted lights, so they blind any one else on the road. Thats a fact that I can not understand because of the TV where every German car has to be checked every two years- like the MOT in GB- and because ther is a light service every october at no cost in nearly every service station in Germany to the benefit of car safety.

Copy that.

That is something I also dont understand. When I shut down my car while the lights are burning and open the drivers door, a bell rings to let me know that I have to turn out the lights. Doing so, all fog lights are shut down and if I turn on the light later, they will not automaticly turned on also, I have to decide to do so.
My car is a German Focus Turnier from 2000. bye Jupp

----------- New cars in Canada also have to have daylight running lights (DRL's.) They are just the low beam headlights but voltage is reduced 50% until you switch your lights on. Geoff

In my experience, my fogs lights have been dimmer than headlights. When entering a campground at night, I've used the fogs instead of the headlights to reduce how much light I'm shining on people's tents.
I haven't noticed any particular glare from Foci fog lights.

You are not driving behind yourself. Rear fog lights can be the problem especially in the rain.
--
Alan
wrote

I'm even more confused. If I drove behind myself, the fog lights of other Foci on the road would then bother me? Remember, I don't have fog lights in my Focus.
I'm wondering if the fog lights in European models are different from US models.
snipped-for-privacy@tonywesley.com says...

Not even rear fog light(s)?
--
Bezit en wijsheid zijn illusies
(possession and wisdom are illusions)
wrote

Never seen such a thing. You have rear fog lights in Europe?
On 13 Oct 2004 19:54:27 -0700, Tony Wesley wrote:

Yes, a high-intensity red light on the off-side of the car, brighter than brake lights, which is supposed to be used in fog or falling snow only but some get forgotten about and annoy the hell out of other drivers :-)
--
MCC

Legally only for use when visibility is less than 50m. My experience is that most Italians seem to think that they are required when driving through Swiss tunnels, for some reason.