column shift to floor shift.....autotrans

i have a 92 Ford Aerostar 2wd van... i need to replace the shift cable... this van has a column shift with airbags ..... my local junk yard has a aerostar with a automatic floor shift and cable... can i
convert my van to a floor shift my reasons for doing this is because the key keeps getting bound up and stuck in the ignition and i have to move the shift lever and wiggle the steering wheel just to get the key to work....ALSO the floorshift is a direct hook-up cable striate to the tranny...and the column shift is long and winds around all the way from the column to the trans............ i plan on putting a lot of miles on this van and i want it to be trouble free and easy to work on... ..... can someone please tell me the steps i need to take to convert this...or tell me what steps are needed to just replace the stock cable . does this involve messing with the air-bag? Thank-you

In that case I recommend the alt.autos.ford newsgroup. This is for Focus owners.