Cooling system servicing (draining, flushing and refiling)

Did anyone flush cooling system himself? I've got ZX3 2000 zetec and I want to change the coolant. I have the general idea what to do the only problem is to locate block drain plug. If someone knows the easy
way to do it or any tips at all, I will apraciate.
I did mine and it was very easy. Around 35K miles and the coolant was very clean.
I drained the radiator into a pan for disposal. I got out about 4 quarts this way. Plastic drain plug is on drivers side of bottom. I then ran water through the expansion tank until clear water ran out of the radiator drain. I closed the drain, filled the system with water and ran the negine until it warmed up and the thermostat opened, let it cool some and and drained it again, like the first time. To get more out of the block.
I closed the drain cock and filled the radiator with concentrated coolant - a bit less than one gallon of coolant will do. 6 quart system, I think. Fill the rest of the way with clean water (distilled is preferred), start the car and watch the reservoir level for a few days, as air comes out. I found that it drained and filled well. No air pockets that can make it overheat.
I used Prestone green as the original stuff was green.
You can also pull the thermostat, replace the housing and you won't have to wait for it to warm up, flush, replace 'stat, fill with coolant and go.
Gary
I was looking at my 2001 Focus Wagon and can't even find the radiator cap. Where is it..?
I would like to flush and fill my Focus also...