Cost of petrol for a round trip of 55 miles

Someone has offered to deliver some goods for me and wants me to name a price for delivery - a round trip of 55 miles in total - how much would this cost in petrol? Don't know size of car, but image it must be
large. Can someone give me an idea
Thanks

Shouldn't this be the other way around - the person delivering names the price.

Rough guide for the UK
Say, 30 miles per UK gallon so approximately 2 gallons petrol consumption.
2 gallons (UK) = 9 litres and petrol is very close to 1 (1 GBP) per litre.
If it's a large car and the journey involves mainly start/stop town driving then the 30 miles per gallon may be very optimistic i.e. it may be closer to 20 miles per gallon..
So the rough guide may be between 8 (8 GBP) and 12 (12 GBP) for the petrol alone.
Depending on the roads and the time of day the journey time would be around 1 to 2 hours.
12 GBP = $21 US
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com

You could get all scientific about it, or you could simply apply some official mileage rates from company to company. Or on time.
Mine by way of an example pay me just 28p per mile. Some pay 40p per mile.
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com