could I have broken front springs?? Crunching and popping noises coming from front end

I have noticed strange noises coming from the front end of my 2001 Ford Focux SE for about a year now. After reading some of the other topics posted about front spring breaks I am hoping this is the case since it
seems Ford will have to foot the bill for this problem. I notice a "crunchy" noise coming from the front end when I go over speed bumps and also notice popping noises when turning the vehicle at slower speeds. I initially worried about tie rod or CV joint problems. What do you all think?
My 2002 Focus wagon started doing the same thing this week! Haven't had time to take it to the shop yet. Check out the message tread:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.autos.ford.focus/browse_thread/thread/c681aa2cff39dde0/e8558ee1384b29fb?q=%22ford+focus%22+crunchy+noise+front+end&rnum=1&hl=en#e8558ee1384b29fb
On Tue, 31 May 2005 10:41:39 -0400, "focusowner23"