Cruise Control won't engage

Yesterday (03/25/06) I had the battery replaced in my 2001 Ford Focus Wagon (109,000 miles). As I was driving home I noticed that the cruise control would not even turn on. Also, unless the A/C is running, the
car will not idle properly and may stall.
Any help would be appreciated.
TIA,
Howard
This is a known issue I've heard of, but don't rememeber the details. Could be the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve. Try searching on
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum
for better information.
Or the bozos who replaced the battery popped off a vacuum line...
--
Rapid Rick
"Just drive, baby"