Cruising speed 2.0 SPI

Can anyone tell me what the cruising speed is for my Focus SE 2.0L SPI (8 valve,110hp, SOHC). Ford specs the top speed at about 100mph, so if driving for
a few hours would the wear on the engine be excessive at 85mph? Thanks for any advice.
Vic wrote:

valve,110hp, SOHC). Ford specs the top speed at about 100mph, so if driving for a few hours would the wear on the engine be excessive at 85mph?

You can run at 85 all day long with no problems.
Mark Olson wrote:

Except with the COPS!

for a few hours would the wear on the engine be excessive at 85mph?
That's 3400 rpm by my calculation, which is trivial for these engines. I'd be more worried about the reaction of the authorities than the motor.