CVT on Focus 1.6 zetec ( Europe)

For European users:
I am thinking of getting a Focus 1.6 zetec with automatic transmission ( CVT).
Would appreciate any user comments on this CVT and 1.6 engine.
Thanks in advance.
Erwin ( Belgium)

I have a 2001 1.6 Zetec 3-door with auto transmission. The only thing with which I am disappointed is the poor petrol consumption - 10 litres per 100 kilometres.
--
MCC
6-Jan-04 16:49:14 GMT

No motorway driving at all and very little dual carriageway. Most of my driving is on rural single carriageway roads and some town driving.
--
MCC
6-Jan-04 19:38:45 GMT

In that case 10l / 100 km seems rather high for a 1600 Zetec, but should be normal in city use ( so far I can find out by reading other comments).
I am doubting between a Focus Ghia 1600 automatic and an Opel ( Vauxhal in UK) Meriva 1800 Easytronic... probably my wife will decide..*smile*

I have a 2003 Focus Zetec automatic and absolutely love the car! The 1.6 engine is pretty good, 0-60mph in under 11 seconds (I can vouch for that) and its done 100mph down the motorway and it did not seem to struggle at all with 4 full size adults in it. I like my music quite loud and when I ordered it I was thinking I would have to change the stereo, but there was no need, even that was great.
Dean
. I like my music quite loud and when I ordered it I

My god...the stock sound system can best be described as "adequate", and thats on a good day. Lol.
Tim..
" Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and lost alot of

It depends what you want, if you want 1000 watts per channel with 18" subwoofers and amps taking up all the spare space and music so loud it makes your ears bleed then yep it may not be good enough. I on the other hand want quite loud, but good quality sound and I find the standard CD6000 is perfectly good enough for me.
Dean

Thanks Dean!
I went to the Ford showroom in Ostend and I was quite impressed by the 'standard' radio sound on the Focus Ghia version. ... better than average I would say.
Erwin