Diagrams? Help!

Hi all, After scanning posts to this group for answers to the ole "Check Engine Light" problem on our 2000 LX (100,000+ miles), we've decided that maybe the EGR valve and/or sensor OR the DPFE sensor could be the culprit. Does anyone have a diagram or a link to a diagram to locate these parts on the car? Is this a repair that can be done at home? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!--Valerie

Reply to
Valerie

Instead of trying to diagnose your problem by replacing parts, just bite the bullet and take it somewhere to get it fixed properly. It will be far less trouble for you overall, and might even be cheaper.

At the very least you could hook up to the OBD-II system and read back the stored trouble codes. I have heard that Autozone will read them out for you, for free.

And because the check engine light can indicate any of probably hundreds or perhaps even thousands of completely different fault conditions, there is no such thing as _the_ ' ole "Check Engine Light" problem '. Why guess at the cause of the problem, when the computer can give you loads of good information, if only you would make the effort to interrogate it?

Mind you, just having the failure codes won't necessarily point you to the exact fault without some understanding on your part of how the engine control system works. Also, the troubleshooting procedures in the factory manuals go into great detail about how to narrow down the diagnosis to a particular sensor or system, and without that information you are still very much shooting in the dark.

Reply to
Mark Olson