Disconnecting battery

Can anyone tell me if disconnecting the battery could affect the speedometer calibration: is reprogramming/recalibration of the speedometer usually needed after battery disconnection? Thanks

you should be ok..

The only warning that the manual gives is that the 'vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics for approximately 8Km" after a battery disconnection until the engine management system re-learns some of the optimum settings.
You will need the security code for your radio in order for it to work after the power has been disconnected.
--
Alan
Alan wrote:

This may apply to some European built models. But in the case of my north American built 2003 ZX3, The only thing I had to do was reset the clock.
--
John in the sand box of Marylands eastern shore.