Door handle removal for window regulator repair

Hello,
I'm in the process of replacing a broken window regulator on my 2003 ZX3. I've got the door panel off and the next step in the process, according to instructions in the Hayes manual, is to "detach the door
release handle from the door by unclipping it from the front end, then sliding the handle out in a forwards direction. (The door handle at this point can be left attached to the cable.)"
The illustration in the manual isn't entirely clear to me. Another site that talks about this repair states, "Remove the interior door latch, by gently pulling out on the front corner, which is held in by a plastic compression spring."
Do I need to stick a screwdriver under the plastic casing that surrounds the handle? Do I pull out on the handle itself? Any guidance would be much appreciated. Just trying to avoid breaking something.
Thanks, Matt
ok, on the side theres a screw that keeps in the trim/cover around the lock,remove this, now slide the handle towards the cover that you've just taken off remove the 3 screws around the latch, disconnect the interior handle from the panel,unplug the wiring now remove the complete lock/latch/cable and interor handle as one unit
oops im getting carried away... the window reg can be removed without taking this out, disconnect the glass (2 10mm bolts) push the window up and hold it up by some strong tape, now remove the 7 fixing bolts(or maybe rivets)and the wiring now remove the window reg'
ford_technical_ wrote:

Thanks for the reply. That definitely is more complicated than indicated by the manual. If I can avoid that step, as you say, then that'd be great. That would leave cutting the weatherstripping goo and peeling back the foam to get at the regulator.
Another question: is there any special tool required to remove and put the bolts (or rivets) back?
Matt
once the membrane is cut away(by the black goo)you'll see the bolts(if its a later model)or the rivets if its a early model good luck davey