Door Locks dont work HELP!

I have an 00 Focus with power door locks and remote. All of a sudden they stopped working, not even the remote or the key will open them. I tested them with a power light and checked all fuses nothing seems to
be worng there. Also my truck pop will not work. If any one has any suggestions please HELP ASAP.

Can you be more specific? If you were able to check fuses you must have been able to enter the car. Are the power locks refusing to lock? Unlock? When you say the "key will not open them" are you saying that the lock mechanisms actually prevent the keys from turning in the door locks? I don't think such a thing is possible.
I have the same problem.
What I believe he is saying is, that the push buttons on the doors and the keyless entry remote will not activate the actuators for the locks themselves. The trunk button or the button on the remote will not activate the trunk actuator.
Checked all my fuses and they are good. This is an issue I need to get resolved. If the fuses are good, then the posibility of the K.E. module going bad. I have already re-seated the harnesses and checked the ground on the unit.
2000 ZX3
wrote

"John Smith" wrote: > I have the same problem. > > What I believe he is saying is, that the push buttons on the > doors and the > keyless entry remote will not activate the actuators for the > locks > themselves. The trunk button or the button on the remote will > not activate > the trunk actuator. > > Checked all my fuses and they are good. This is an issue I > need to get > resolved. If the fuses are good, then the posibility of the > K.E. module > going bad. I have already re-seated the harnesses and checked > the ground on > the unit. > > 2000 ZX3 > >
> wrote > > > &nbsp;>> I have an 00 Focus with power door locks and remote. > All of a sudden > &nbsp;>> they stopped working, not even the remote or the key > will open them. I > &nbsp;>> tested them with a power light and checked all fuses > nothing seems to > &nbsp;>> be worng there. > > > > Can you be more specific? If you were able to check fuses > you must have > > been able to enter the car. Are the power locks refusing to > lock? Unlock? > > When you say the "key will not open them" are you saying > that the lock > > mechanisms actually prevent the keys from turning in the > door locks? I > > don't think such a thing is possible. > >
That is excatly what I (she) am saying. Did you fix this yet? Is the KE thing the box by the glove compartment?
Keyless entry is behind the glove box piggy backed on top of the ECU. A black box with 2 or 3 plug harnesses into it.
No, not fixed yet.... Going to drop the fuse box from it's mount and check the backside.
wrote

http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Focus-Door-Locks-don-work-HELP-ftopict108449.html
"Dave Gower" wrote:
> > > I have an 00 Focus with power door locks and remote. All of > a sudden > > they stopped working, not even the remote or the key will > open them. I > > tested them with a power light and checked all fuses nothing > seems to > > be worng there. > > Can you be more specific? If you were able to check fuses you > must have been > able to enter the car. Are the power locks refusing to lock? > Unlock? When > you say the "key will not open them" are you saying that the > lock mechanisms > actually prevent the keys from turning in the door locks? I > don't think such > a thing is possible.
I can get into the car by all doors except passenger side and that is the one that stays locked all the others do not lock at all. The only door I can manually lock and unlock is the driver side door. The back two I cannot even push the lever to lock. I took apart all the door panels except the passenger side and everything seems to be working. ***(late last night) I found a Control lock alarm module thingy behind the glove box and I think that may be the problem. *** till I find out the cause any other suggestions will be helpful. I hope this helps.

The locks are controlled by the security module. The could be reprogrammed or replaced, but I'm pretty sure would only be available at a dealer. Good luck.
wrote

I have somewhat similar problem.. Sometimes especialy in the cold mornings, the keyless entry don't work. I can luck/unluck the car (all 5 dors) from the passenger side with the key. When I use the key on the drivers side door, it only opens or lock itself not the other 4 doors. The dealer said that it was the central lock control unit that was gone bad and no repair was availabe to it, only the replacement (pricey!). I kind of got used to it but sometimes it is really annoying since I need to go to the passenger side door to luck the whole damn thing!
ahmet
'01 Focus Wagon 1.6 liter

I'm sure he's right - these things are sealed. One option is to see if you can find one in an auto recycle yard, hopefully on a "try it then purchase" basis. Normally today's computers outlast the cars they're in.
the fuse for the power door locks is on the backside of the fuse holder. when mine stopped working I ended up unbolting the fuse holder from the vehicle and turning it over. there I found the fuse for the door locks.

http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Focus-Door-Locks-don-work-HELP-ftopict108449.html
"mikl" wrote: > the fuse for the power door locks is on the backside of the > fuse holder. > when mine stopped working I ended up unbolting the fuse holder > from the > vehicle and turning it over. there I found the fuse for the > door locks.
> > > I have an 00 Focus with power door locks and remote. All of > a sudden > > they stopped working, not even the remote or the key will > open them. I > > tested them with a power light and checked all fuses nothing > seems to > > be worng there. Also my truck pop will not work. If any one > has any > > suggestions please HELP ASAP. > > > > -- > > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > > Topic URL: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Focus-Door-Locks-don-work-HELP-ftopict108449.html > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pP6738
mikl... Thank you Thank you Thank you. It was the fuse behind the Fuse box. Why on earth would they put one there? Anyway thank you again for your insight my doors are now working properly. John Smith I hope this worked for you also.