Door mirror of 2004 Focus

Someone broke the glass part of my son's door mirror. The exterior housing seems to be OK but the plastic section which holds the glass was lying beside the car with the glass cracked.

Can this section be got as a replacement part? Does it just clip back into the housing?

Thanks

Janice

Reply to
Janice

If the "receiver" -for lack of a better word-in the mirror housing isn't damaged, you should be able to pop a new replacement right back in. Look at the back of the plastic on the mirror, should be something in the center, and a corresponding mating part inside the mirror housing.

John Cairns

Reply to
John Cairns

The receiver seems to be fine and the plastic on the back has a "lug" which looks as though it slips into something on this receiver. It doesn't look broken but not being an expert it's difficult to tell. I'll check with Ford in the morning.

Thanks

Janice

Reply to
Janice