Drive Belt Pulley Bearing?

My 2000 Focus ZX3 makes a whining noise that speeds up and slows down with the engine. It's not high pitched like a belt though. It comes from the engine compartment on the passenger side of the car. I had the guy at Ford listen to it and he thinks it's a bearing on one of the pulleys for the drive belt that's starting to go. Anyone else had that problem? I hope it's not too expensive to fix. Ford told me to wait until it broke to fix it...

Wardo

Reply to
Wardo

Turns out it's the bearing on the idler pulley. Easy fix.

Reply to
Wardo