Drive Belt Pulley Bearing?

My 2000 Focus ZX3 makes a whining noise that speeds up and slows down with the engine. It's not high pitched like a belt though. It comes from the engine compartment on the passenger side of the car.
I had the guy at Ford listen to it and he thinks it's a bearing on one of the pulleys for the drive belt that's starting to go. Anyone else had that problem? I hope it's not too expensive to fix. Ford told me to wait until it broke to fix it...
Wardo
Turns out it's the bearing on the idler pulley. Easy fix.