Drivers power locking stopped working.

The drivers door on my Y-reg focus has suddenly stopped working.
Using the key fob I can lock/unlock all the other doors, but theres no noise from the drivers door. Manually using the key (sooo last
century) works, and also causes the other doors to lock/unlock.
Maybe the motor has gone?
Any ideas how much this is likely to cost to be fixed? Does it need to be done at a Ford dealer or can it be done at my (presumably cheaper) local garage?
cheers
pjw

Sounds like the solenoid in the drivers door has died. Don't know how much Ford would charge, but I would expect a local garage will be able to source and fit one a bit cheaper...
On 28 Mar, 10:05, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I had this happen on my Focus a couple of times.
After dooing a 'google', I sat in my car, and locked and unlocked the car I think 5 times, until the 'lights on' warning chime sounded. Apperently this resets a few things.

Good luck Phil
On 28 Mar, 21:38, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Cool. When you say 'locked and unlocked', did you use the key fob, or the key itself, or the drivers door lock?

I had exactly this on my 01 Focus Zetec, it was actually a slightly dodgy connection on the multiplug in the hinge area. Disconnecting and reconnecting, making sure the lock ring is fully turned restored normal operation.
Try that before blaming the locking solonoid...
Tim..
On 29 Mar, 10:38, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Sorry, I should have said. Yes, I used the key fob.
Phil