ECM code P-0401

My UK 2004 Focus TDCi is reporting error code $10 ECM P-0401 "exhaust gas recirculation flow insufficient". It drives perfectly with no problem
apparent, good fuel economy (50 mpg) and no black smoke. The engine management warning light came on about six months ago. I had the code reset and the light went out and stayed out until a few weeks ago when the light came on again. Yesterday I had the code reset again and the light is still out today.
As the car drives perfectly is this likely to be caused by an intermittent connector rather than a system fault?
Could anyone give me a clue as to which connector my be intermittent (and where it is located on the car).
Thanks

Without checking the car, i would hazzard a guess that either your egr valve is partially blocked, or the egr cooler is.
Which engine is this?
tim..

Thanks Tim, its the 1.8 TDCi (115 version)

You Need an EGr Dpfe sensor... common failure and real easy to change