EGR Pipework R+R, 2 Litre SPI

My SPI powered 2000 wagon recently developed an apparent exhaust leak. I've tracked the leak down and discovered the small diameter pipe leading from the exhaust manifold to the EGR valve has completely separated at the
mounting flange. Ford Canada won't cover this under my extended warranty (no surprise there), but replacing this part looks simple enough for me to tackle on my own. Has anyone else performed this operation? Are there any potential difficulties I should know about?
TIA,
Rob

I've
(no