Electric mirrors sticking

The electric wing mirrors on my UK Focus 2.0 ghia hatchback only adjust up & down now, not left & right. This seems funny that they both have the same
fault. Is this just coincidence or are they connected in someway. I guess the rocker switch is a common item. I don't know where to look first to solve this. Can anyone help please ?