Electric window not working

I've recently noticed that my drivers side electric window has stopped working. The passenger side is working fine. When you press the drivers side switch you can hear a quiet click after
a small pause as if an electrical contact has been made, but nothing else happens. Is this something that others have seen / fixed?
I have the same problem. Six months ago the window stopped. I bought a secondhand switch on Ebay which worked for 4 months. Now the same again. I will have to take the door panel off to check the motor.