Engine warning light

United Kingdom, Ford Focus 1.6i, 2001, manual transmission, 39K miles.
Today my engine warning light came on accompanied by a very rough engine.
The engines attempts to maintain tick over revs, but feels lumpy as if one or more cylinders are not firing correctly
All the obvious were immediately checked , fuel and all fluid levels okay etc. Temperature gauge not above normal.
On gentle execration the car hesitates but is derivable - I nursed it home at 20/25 mph
I have a cheap OBDII reader and this gives the error codes
Fuel and Air Metering Code 0181 - Fuel Temperature Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance
and
Transmission Code 0761 - Shift Solenoid C Performance or Stuck Off
I suspect that the transmission warning is bogus (unless someone knows different) - the car has manual gearbox.
Would a failure of the fuel temperature sensor cause this type of fault? Does anyone know where it is located? Is it part of some other sensor/control?
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com

Despite my appalling spelling in the original post, your diagnosis was correct.
Duff coil pack.
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com

Given that you are getting spurious fault codes (no fuel temp sensor on a petrol, and definately no shift soloniod on a manual box) and a severe misfire, i'll bet my lower ball that your coil pack has thrown the towel in and is spiking the ECU .
Fairly to very common on the 1.6. (though not as common as if it were a Peugeot / Renault / VAG!)
Tim..