Engine warning light

I changed the oil, oil and air filters and plugs on my 2001 Focus. On starting I forgot to reconnect the plug to the air flow sensor and the engine was running on three cylinders the warning light was on. I
reconnected and checked the plug leads, no 4 not quite home. Engine runs smooth now but light stays on. Any ideas?
Maybe you should just connect it via OBD to computer to clear recorded errors in engine diagnostic unit.
Btw. One question. I also have focus 1.4 year 2000 do you expirienced that warm air flows throuhg vent openings when heating is switched off? It drives me crazy (summer 30C + heating) My car is w/o AC Is that normal?

Is it hot air (like from the heater), or is it just hot because the outside air is hot? I used to have a '99 VW Jetta that would always vent outside air if the air conditioner or heater was turned off. VW says they do that so that there is air always circulating in the car. They say people are more prone to falling asleep when there is no air moving. Kind of annoying to me though.

Try disconnecting ground from the battery for at least 5-10 minutes and see if this helps? Of course if there is a real problem the light should come back soon...
Good luck

Don't worry if the engine runs a bit rough afterwards. The management system may/will need a few miles to relearn some of the optimum settings.
You probably will need the security code for your radio after the power has been removed..
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com

Manual says that management unit needs at least 8 km of continuous driving to return to normal operating mode after disconnecting battery...