eratic speedo

My speedo intermittently flies up to and past the 100mph mark and back again. This would be liveable apart from the fact that the radio volume goes up and down with it. Is this just a case of replacing the speed sensor? BTW 1.8 focus manual on a 51 plate

Reply to
plongy

Sounds like it. There was a post in this ng a while back about the same problem - AFAIK if was a speed sensor problem.

Al.

Reply to
Al

Try cleaning the battery contacts or another battery - i replaced my speed sensor (after much agro) and there was no improvement. Some of these problems are down to low voltage.

Reply to
Paul Herwin

They are all down to low voltage in one sense!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

In message , Paul Herwin writes

The clue is the radio volume though. The radio receives a signal from the speed sensor so that it can vary the volume according to the speed/engine noise. In the case of the OP, its extremely likely that the VSS is the culprit,

Reply to
Paul Giverin