expected mileage of Focus Wagen?

I'm thinking of purchasing a 2002 Focus wagen with 59k on it
How long are these vehicles typically lasting?

I think it can be said, that almost all cars' lifespans are subject to attention to detail with their maintenance and repairs. Can you get a maintenance record, or guess how well the car has been taken care of? This way you can get a better guestimate.
tom
The Real Tom wrote:

For one data point, I have a 2001 wagon with 94K miles on it. It's been pretty good, a number of issues that were happened under warranty during the first 36K.
notell wrote:

My 2003 ZX3 with a 2.0L ztec manual transmission has over 185,000 on it. I do oil changes around every 5,000 mile. Does not burn oil, mostly highway driving. Don't drive with a lead foot so I get over 40 MPG.
--
John in the sand box of Marylands eastern shore.

TheSurgeon wrote:

John R Cambron wrote:

I thought I put a lot of miles on my Focus.
2001 Focus SE Wagon 94,400 1991 Olds Custom Crusier "Shamu" 162,000
Tony Wesley wrote:

Do you drive it 375 plus mile a day? That what I do. Some one has to move all those checks and lone application from the bank branches to the bank processing centers.

1976 Toyota Corolla 250,000 plus, got it with around 60,000 on it, Junked it because I could not afford to keep two vehicles. 1986 Chevrolet Astro Van 275,000 plus, Got tired of replacing the crap transmissions. 1987 GMC Jimmy 185,000 plus, got it with around 85,000 on it, Cost more to rebuild the breaks then the truck was worth. 1987 Ford Escort Wagon 214,000, got it with around 39,000 on it, Would still be driving it if I had not totaled it.
--
John in the sand box of Marylands eastern shore.

John R Cambron wrote:

I sure don't. I only have a 64 mile round-trip commute. And my fiancee lives 18 miles away from me. But that doesn't hold a candle to you.

I only mentioned the Olds because it's still in use. It's a daily driver for my sons. It's nice to have something that will carry 4x8 sheets of plywood. Or carry 7 or 8 people. But the main reason for it is to pull a pop-up camper.
You put a lot of miles on your vehicles.
Tony Wesley wrote:

Nice ride, take good care of that GM turbo 700 automatic transmission. The Astro Van I had had a 2.0L 4 cylinder in it, the turbo 700 automatic transmission didn't get along very well with the little 4 cylinder. The van did get around 26 MPG.

Provide my Focus doesn't get wrecked beyond repair, I expect to put over a million miles on it. I am almost a quarter of the way there.
I forgot to mention the only vehicle in my list of vehicles that had an automatic transmission was the Astro Van. I will never purchase another vehicle with an automatic transmission for as long as I can drive.
--
John in the sand box of Marylands eastern shore.

My friend has just selled a 2001 Focus with 150k miles on it. No major problems encountered...

In general, Fords tend to fall a part from rust long before you should expect the slightest problem with the engine, presuming a little care (Oil/filters changed regular like Ford suggests).