Faulty radio

Just took my T Reg Focus into Kwik Fit for a tyre & brake check.

My front 2 tyres were changed and aligned and the bonnet was opened to check brake fluid.

As I was driving away I pressed the radio button which changes from FM to MW and nothing happened. I pressed the On/Off button but all this did was silence the radio, the display still showed the FM station I had been tuned to. I then tried all other keys without any of them working including the on/off button.

Does anyone have any ideas what has happened and more importantly what I can do to reset the radio?

Thanks in advance,

John

Reply to
pearson.enclave

Forgot to mention my radio is a 4000 Traffic model

John

Reply to
pearson.enclave

In message , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

Are you sure that the removable front panel (with the station select buttons) is correctly fitted - it may have become dislodged?

Reply to
Alan

I did check that the panel was secure and tried removing and reattaching.

I took the car back to Kwik Fit this evening and they disconnected the battery, reconnected and everything is fine (fortunately no code was asked for), so problem solved.

John

Reply to
pearson.enclave