Fixing Keyless Entry

Help, I have a 1998 Euro Spec Focus and the Keyless entry has stopped working. I replaced the battery and still get nothing. The battery seemed to be getting weaker and weaker prior to replacing but other
than that there wasnt anything that happened to the keypad, any ideas on what to check/look for?

day it stoped. took it to a auto alarm shop. they re-programmed the remote (it was out of its operating frequency range) for free..
Ahmet
Turkey
"dragon2" wrote:
> > > Help, I have a 1998 Euro Spec Focus and the Keyless entry > has stopped > > working. I replaced the battery and still get nothing. The > battery > > seemed to be getting weaker and weaker prior to replacing > but other > > than that there wasnt anything that happened to the keypad, > any ideas > > on what to check/look for? > > > > > Same thing happened to me too...the remote got progresivelly > weaker and one > day it stoped. took it to a auto alarm shop. they > re-programmed the remote > (it was out of its operating frequency range) for free.. > > Ahmet > > Turkey
I am stationed in Heidelberg Germany and have absolutely no idea where to take it, I know what the dealer will want to fix it, does anyone have any do it yourself ideas for fixing this?

I would purchase a replacement remote entry keyfob from ebay. The remote entry keyfob programming procedure is in the owner's manual.
Check out: http://www.focushacks.com / and search on "keyless." There's a hack about reprogramming the remote.

"LMO" wrote: > Check out: > http://www.focushacks.com / > and search on "keyless." There's a hack about reprogramming > the remote. >
> > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > Help, I have a 1998 Euro Spec Focus and the > Keyless entry > &nbsp;> > has stopped > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > working. I replaced the battery and still > get nothing. The > &nbsp;> > battery > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > seemed to be getting weaker and weaker prior > to replacing > &nbsp;> > but other > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > than that there wasnt anything that happened > to the keypad, > &nbsp;> > any ideas > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > on what to check/look for? > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > > &nbsp;> > Same thing happened to me too...the remote got > progresivelly > &nbsp;> > weaker and one > &nbsp;> > day it stoped. took it to a auto alarm shop. they > &nbsp;> > re-programmed the remote > &nbsp;> > (it was out of its operating frequency range) for > free.. > &nbsp;> > > &nbsp;> > Ahmet > &nbsp;> > > &nbsp;> > Turkey > > > > I am stationed in Heidelberg Germany and have absolutely no > idea where > > to take it, I know what the dealer will want to fix it, does > anyone > > have any do it yourself ideas for fixing this? > > > > -- > > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > > Topic URL: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Focus-Fixing-Keyless-Entry-ftopict102823.html > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pH5107
Didnt work, I got the buzz after trying the key trick but it had no effect on the remote. I have the key built into the remote, are their any other options that could be causing the remote not to work?