Fixing Keyless Entry

Help, I have a 1998 Euro Spec Focus and the Keyless entry has stopped working. I replaced the battery and still get nothing. The battery seemed to be getting weaker and weaker prior to replacing but other than that there wasnt anything that happened to the keypad, any ideas on what to check/look for?

Reply to
nugsfan

Same thing happened to me too...the remote got progresivelly weaker and one day it stoped. took it to a auto alarm shop. they re-programmed the remote (it was out of its operating frequency range) for free..

Ahmet

Turkey

Reply to
dragon

I am stationed in Heidelberg Germany and have absolutely no idea where to take it, I know what the dealer will want to fix it, does anyone have any do it yourself ideas for fixing this?

Reply to
nugsfan

I would purchase a replacement remote entry keyfob from ebay. The remote entry keyfob programming procedure is in the owner's manual.

Reply to
Mark Olson
Reply to
nugsfan