flashing light next to the hazard button

I have a little red light that flashes when my 2002 Ford Focus SE station wagon is turned off. The light is next to the triangular hazard button on the dash. I always assumed it had something to do
with the hazard switch, but my sister tells me it means the ignition anti-theft circuitry is enabled. Is this correct?
++ Ray Kinserlow Jr. ++ kinserlow at earthlink dot net
yes, should go off when you start it, should flash fast when you put a non-programmed key in it.
Johan