flickering lights

I have a 2001 focus se and when I am at an idle and the rpm's are about 800 my lights will flicker for a second or 2 and stop and then do it again until
I increase the rpm's.... any guess what is causing this and how to fix.

Voltage regulator or battery. If it runs OK at higher revs, it may be something you can tolerate, but it suggests the beginning of more serious trouble, so you should have it checked the next time the car is in for service. Either or both of the alternator or battery may need to be replaced.
Hello,
I have this problem more or less with all of our family foci, no matter if old or new. It seems to me that the electric system is a liitle bit weak for all the current consuming equipment. Especially in winter with front and rear window heating on, the front lights are not really as bright as they should be.
Best regards
Wolfgang

Yup, seems to be a feature not a bug. The front window heating uses IIRC up to 800W, the electric generator simply can't deliver that at low revs. If you have a voltmeter in your car you can watch the car voltage drop down below 12V, depending on how good your battery is.
--
Michael Heiming (X-PGP-Sig > GPG-Key ID: 0xEDD27B94)
Hallo, ist schon klar dass das die Lichtmaschine nicht liefern kann. Aber auch schon ohne zustzliche Verbraucher ist das Bordnetz schon etwas wacklig, wie das Flackerlicht zeigt. Ist nicht mehr als ein Schnheitsfehler und fr mich an sich ohne Belang, aber bei Autos anderer Fabrikate habe ich das so noch nicht bemerkt.

Dunno, haven't mentioned this on any other Ford. On my Focus (2.0l manual) the mentioned "flickering" is very rare, so I don't care.;)
BTW Would be great if you use the language of this ng, others perhaps want to read posts...
--
Michael Heiming (X-PGP-Sig > GPG-Key ID: 0xEDD27B94)
Michael Heiming wrote:

[Very Rough translation: Hello, it is already quite clear that the alternator cannot supply enough power for the standard equipment items, much less any add-ons, as evidenced by the flickering lights. A small blemish of minimal importance to me, but I have not noticed this problem on other autos.]

Babelfish is your friend. :)
--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
Hello Isaiah,

[..]
LOL...with a little care you could have found out that the problem wasn't reading his post.;)
--
Michael Heiming (X-PGP-Sig > GPG-Key ID: 0xEDD27B94)
Dear Mr. Heiming,
| perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'

[..]
Hi Wolfgang!
There's zero reason for you to leave this ng, it was just a small hint, nothing more. Don't take the whole thing too serious, if you feel offended, don't worry I get offended usually once a day for no reason at all. That's how usenet works.;)
Greetings
--
Michael Heiming (X-PGP-Sig > GPG-Key ID: 0xEDD27B94)

Sorry Michael,
it will never happen again...
Best regards
Wolfgang