Focus 1.6 Zetec 1999 - Central Locking Problem

Hi
Just wondering if any one could help me....
The central locking just stopped working without warning. Replaced the battery for the key fob and had it re-coded. No joy.
Was then told if was a fuse. Paid for new fuse. Now I have the driver door working on one click but still no response from the other doors. I would really appreciate any ideas or advice. Thank you
Colin
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 20:19:46 -0000, "Colin A"

Make sure the ignition is off. Outside the car press and hold down the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously on your key for about 4 seconds until the hazard lights flash twice. Now try your key again - both driver and passenger's doors should now lock and unlock together. HTH
--
MCC

I think this trick only works with later models. It doesn't work with my 1999 Focus.
--
Paul Giverin

British Jet Engine Website

Worth a try though maybe - it works on my 2001 Focus 1.6 Auto
--
MCC

door
lock
the
lock
Mine neither and its a 2000MY
Tim..
Colin A wrote:

This is the first familliar problem I've seen on the group so far. I have a 1999 Focus Stationwagon (probably what you call wagon in U.S.) with a 1.6 Zetec engine and I am very pleased with it. I've only had two irritating problems with the car so far (had it since summer 2000), and this is one of those. The problem only seem to occur in the winter season, so I have thought it to be a problem related to cold and moist weather.
I don't have a remote, but when I place the key in the driver door only that door opens. If I use the key on the passenger side, all doors open.
Erik