Focus 1.6 Zetec UK: Squeek form cam belt

Can anyone help me here please:

At cold only, for about 5 mins until warm, I get what sounds like a cam belt squeek or from somewhere in that region. They canged the belt twice and also changed the water pump. Its pretty annoying not something you could ignore

Each time it comes backfrom services its better for about 2 weeks then it reverts to the same obvious squeek

Thanks

Reply to
Robin Smith

"Robin Smith" wrote in news:1108054017.658018@sj-nntpcache-3:

Tensioner pulley? Airconditioning pulley?

Cheers

D.

Reply to
News

Not down to electrical load? Eg, lights on, air con on, window elements on, etc.... alternator belt.

Reply to
IanO

Nope, only when cold enginge, all seasons. Occured pretty much from new

Reply to
Robin Smith

Spoke with Ford dealer and they say its the very long alternator belt

They also said its a common problem tthat is benign. But htehre is nothing they can do about it

Not sure if I should close the topic with them and accept it. I know it will be an issue when I come to sell

thxc

Reply to
Robin Smith