Focus 1.8 TDCi - Tyres?

I have a 53 plate (UK) Focus 1.8 TDCi and need replecement tyres. I have always previously ised Michelins but the Focus originally had Continental
Eco Contacts.
Anyone any views on what the optimum tyre is for this model? Most of my driving is commuting on Motorways.
Thanks
Paul
Paul wrote:

I'd always used Eco-Contacts, and was happy with them apart from the high rate of wear. The last time I needed a set I was persuaded that Goodyear Eagle NCT5's were as good, but would wear more slowly. Wrong! I can't wait to get shot of them, and will change them early.
Unless you have a good reason, I would advise staying with the Continentals.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

NCTs and 2 Pirelli P6000s that were on my 2003 TDCi with a set of 4 Pilot Primacy. Too early to say about wear, but to be honest they felt a bit squishy at first, subjectively more understeery. But braking and grip in wet and dry are terrific, it's just the handling I'm not convinced about. I suspect the motorway mileage will be good - I used to run Michelins of various varieties when I did >50k miles a year, and hardly ever had to buy more than a set a year.
--
All the best
David Millen

chance of failure and best longivity for high mileage drivers. I get around 35K on fronts. 50K on rears I do 80K per year