Focus 12V power outlet

I've recently taken delivery of a new UK-spec Focus Titanium and overall I'm very impressed with it. However, in comparison to the 2002 Focus Ghia it replaces, the interior equipment is disappointing. The Ghia had climate control A/C - the Titanium doesn't - just regular on or off A/C. But the worst thing is that there is only one 12V power outlet, and it's buried at the back of the front console storage bin.

What with mobile phones, GPS, iPods, personal DVD players and the rest, cars these days need more than one power outlet. I guess this is just Ford's normal cost engineering at play, but in a car that is otherwise well thought out, this is a real oversight.

Reply to
Mark Scott