focus 2000 ignition problem

Page 2 of 2
I don't know if venting here will make me feel any better but here goes. Bought the 2000 Focus in 2001, first ignitition replacement Aug 2003. Today same problem so here comes another trip with the tow truck driver to
Coastal Ford. And here comes another $500 bill. Because with just my luck, my warranty expired just over a month ago,
On Wednesday, August 11, 2004 6:54:21 PM UTC-5, Casemann27 wrote:

I own a 2003 focus and a 2004 focus and have replaced the ignition switch once on the '03 and twice on the '04. Now the '04 is in with a "fuel delivery module" error at 68k miles. The car periodically surges and slows down. Ford had a customer satisfaction program for this problem and would repair free but only good for 2000 and 2001 models. I have begun be phasing out the Ford products for Toyota products. I just can't afford American vehicle repairs any longer.
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 08:56:10 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in
2000 ignition problem:

on the '03 and twice on the '04. Now the '04 is in with a "fuel delivery module" error at 68k miles. The car periodically surges and slows down. Ford had a customer satisfaction program for this problem and would repair free but only good for 2000 and 2001 models. I have begun be phasing out the Ford products for Toyota products. I just can't afford American vehicle repairs any longer.
I replaced a '97 Escort with 170,000 miles with a new '05 Focus. The Focus is junk compared to the Escort. I still have the Focus, but doubt I will be replacing it with a Ford product.