Focus Dash Dials

I am looking around for a Zetec or LX pref 3 dr car, I have noticed in 1 or 2 cars looking from outside that the petrol gauge shows half full. with ignition off
Is there a fault with the gauge or battery low etc. ?? Did notice on 1 car, temp gauge was half way too
Thanks ----------

No, needles should park both to the left when switched off.
Tim.
Tim.. wrote:

Not on all varients , escorts did the same , could also be caused by an alarm system being incorrectly fitted

*ALL* Foci have returning gauge pointers. This is a Focus we are talkign about, not an Escort, or Sierra, or anything else.
Tim.
Tim.. wrote:
Well i must beg to differ , my focus fuel gauge always registers the fuel amount , it has done so from new , even when the clocks were replaced because of a fault , as i said thier are varients , its not unusal for manufacturers to use components from other models

It's a documented fault with the cluster - I've read about it in a few places. I've not seen anything to indicate that it is indicative of anything serious, but apparently Ford will replace the cluster if the car is under warranty.
It manifests intermittently on my TDDI - someone one dial, sometimes both.
--
Mike Quin < snipped-for-privacy@elite.uk.com>

I have a TDI which has the same problem with the Gauges, my Temp gauge twitches!!!, yet ford dealer told me its quite common especially on the TDI- yet when the Ignition is switched on the Gauges return to Normal instantley and the car is Brilliant so I am used to it-strange,maybe! but causes a problem, not from my point of view!
Hope it helps Gazza :D
"Mike" wrote: > I am looking around for a Zetec or LX pref 3 dr car, I have > noticed in 1 > or 2 cars looking from outside that the petrol gauge shows > half full. > with ignition off > Is there a fault with the gauge or battery low etc. ?? > Did notice on 1 car, temp gauge was half way too > > Thanks > ----------

Thanks for replies, seems abit of a fault didnt want a lame sales exuse though. I had a fiesta few years ago and the gauge didnt go back and this was normal. Didnt like that idea