focus diesel 2001

hi can anybody tell me how the 2001 focus diesel 1.8 td engine works i changed the cam belt today and was suprised how small the belt was as it only went around the camshaft and the diesel pump and did not connect to the
crank unlike my old 1998 mondeo diesel to look at it the engines looked roughly the same so has the focus got an internal belt or chain if anybody can shed any light on this subject i would be very grateful many thanks ps i hope it was the cambelt i changed