Focus door lock module/fuse

I have a 2000 Focus and the electric door locks suddenly stopped functioning. There is a door lock module on the back of the fuse bank. I've read that
replacing the module may not fix the problem. Any other suggestions?
ray email me your vin and i will run it for ssm special service messages to see if i can help you im at my desk now snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

I had similar problem a month ago. First the FOB stopped working, then doorlock switch inside vehicle failed for all doors. Dealer repair spent hour to get 1 door & trunk to work, but driver lock actuator was bad. Replacement cost too high for me at this time. Looking for lower cost replacement part, but can't find any so far.