Focus Engine Warning light at 7500 miles ???

Hi, Could anyone let me know what moght be wrong with my 2.0 Focus. The yellow engine warning light has come on permenantly today. The car is 2 years old, has 7500 miles on the clock and has had 3 services since new.
Any advice or comments would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Andy

2
Look in your owner's manual. It tells you that warning lights are not necessarily an emergency, they represent something wrong with one of a large number of circuits, mostly connected with emissions. When convenient, have a dealer check for codes. Normally the cause is quite trivial, for example a loose gas cap (which you could check now). When I had one it turned out to be an air seal around the sender unit on the top of the gas tank.

2
Just an FYI if your in the US most major autoparts stores like Pepboys or Autozone will lookup what the computer fault code means for free.
--Mike
I had the light too, with a rought running engine... dealer looked up the code, replaced a sensor and the car was good to go again.
Chris.

is
IF it were my guess i bet it is a dpfe senser delta presure feedback sensor it measure the exhaust to let the pcm know weather the egr is open or not. They go bad all the time! they are supposed to measure .9 to 1.1 volts , when they get moister in them they go to reference voltage which is 5.0 volts. its very common and covered. go get it fixed.
SENIOR MASTER FORD TECHNICIAN AND PROUD OF IT!

2

2
If the engine is still runnning well, then my bet is the DPFE sensor for the EGR. Very very common failure on the 2litre. Buy acouple as you'll be replacing it again in about 2 years time! lol.
You can extract the codes from the ecu yourself using the trip reset button on the dash- press and hold then turn on ignition.
You're looking for a P then a 3 digit code displayed inthe milometer lcd display.
Tim..
only works in euro cars
" Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and lost alot of

is
the
button

Works in my 2000 NA wagon but I understand not in later models.
It works on my American made 2002 Ford Focus SE wagon.
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:33:17 -0500, "badraptor"

ohh the fix is to make sure the one that replaces the old one is a motorola they do not go bad, they are the fix. " Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and lost alot of

is
the
button
So did mine at 7200 miles (1 1/2 year). Car was running fine and the manual says there's no drivability issue, so I got into the dealer when I could and they replaced a sensor (under warranty). Still, it's more repairs than 5 years with my ZX2...

OHH BOY!
wrote:

2

ford has a "silent recall" on the DFPE sensor, some foci owners report two or three replacements
Hope this helps.